Warehouse Operative - Nights
Location: Standlake - Witney - Oxfordshire
Shifts - 4 on 4 off 5pm - 5am
Get fresh food out the door - and enjoy tasty rewards Every week, we send out thousands of eggs (and other foods) from our busy warehouses - and this is where you`ll be based. As a Warehouse Operative, you`ll get goods packed and onto vehicles for customers nationwide. You could be working in Goods In, Goods Out, the Packaging Store or the Automation Room. W
We offer a range of appetising benefits plus training and development in return for your hard work: -Stakeholder Pension -Special staff prices for eggs (a reduced rate per dozen) -Staff offers on chicken -PerkBox - a range of discounted items including cinema tickets, free drink of your choice per month from a High Street Coffee retailer and free mobile phone insurance -Enhanced holiday scheme, which increases with length of service -Sick Pay Scheme above statutory minimum, increasing with length of service (after qualifying period)
- Work with other operatives to ensure that product is received correctly and is ready for receipt by production, when required
- Follow the company Health & Safety guidelines
- Ensure product is loaded with the correct paperwork
- Warehouse organisation
- Complete pre-start checks
- Ensure that product is rotated to minimise waste
- To complete to a high-standard, and all necessary documentation is completed
- Maintain a respectful and constructive working relationship with colleagues and managers
- Manual handling
- Health and Safety
- Manual/Electric pallet truck
- Safe systems of work
- Food handling/hygiene
This part of the warehouse is fast pace, this is where all the eggs are clean, checked, boxed, carefully on the pallet and ready to go. You will need to use the EPT (electric pump truck) to move the pallets around the warehouse and finally get them loaded onto the trucks ready to be sent out.
You will be working in a team to adhere to tasks and work alongside the warehouse manager prioritising your workload.
This is a target driven role - you would be working to orders that need to be done to a time frame.
Working in the warehouse requires manual handling to an estimated maximum of 28 kilos. Warehouse operatives are expected to use manual and electric pallet-trucks when required. The role requires a significant amount of walking. The jobholder should have a reasonable level of fitness and should report any conditions that may be aggravated by the required activities.
- Driver with own vehicle (non drivers to be located within a 5-mile radius)
- Team Oriented
If you would like to be considered for the role, please apply today!