We are recruiting for an innovative and amazing company who have taken over the hair comb industry! The company offer an amazing package for their staff which includes a performance bonus, healthcare and a pension plan!
Please see the job description below and if you are interested please apply and send an up to date CV!
The successful candidate will work closely within a tight-knit, efficient Logistics Team to ensure a smooth and effective distribution solution to UK and overseas customers.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities for co-ordinating the loading/unloading of vehicles, stock put-away, picking, packing and dispatching of orders within the framework of a fast-paced Dedicated Distribution Centre in Croydon.
This is an integral role within the Logistics Team and the right candidate will be an analytical, experienced warehouse operative and have a keen eye for detail.
* Accepting deliveries of goods and supplies.
* Checking for damages or missing items.
* Put-away of stock using Pivot Steer FLT.
* Storing goods.
* Movement of stock both manually and mechanically. (Some heavy lifting will be involved in this role)
* Picking and packing of orders both manually and mechanically.
* Loading of goods for Dispatch.
* Use of Barcode Scanning equipment.
* Cycle Counts & Stocktaking.
* Cleaning of work areas.
* Some paperwork (CMR's, Despatch Notes & Picking Lists)
* Occasional picking and packing of small Web Orders will be expected during times of sickness and holidays.
* Identify opportunities for continuous improvement throughout the DC.
* Attend and participate in Logistics/Staff meetings.
* To bring to the attention of the Logistics or Warehouse Manager any H&S concerns within the workplace and to operate in a safe manner at all times when on site.
* Valid Bendi/Pivot-Steer FLT License is essential to this role.
* The candidate must have experience of working in a fast paced, pressurised environment and must demonstrate a high standard of time management, organisational and communication skills.
* Good working knowledge of Warehouse H&S
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential as there will at times be direct customer interaction.
* IT literate showing proficiency in Office suite, particularly Excel. The ability to develop a clear understanding of the company's WMS platform and it's relation to warehouse activity.
* Shows understanding of KPI's and their value to the business.
* Previous experience of the beauty industry would be advantageous.
* Must have at least 5 years' experience in a warehouse environment
* Must be proficient with barcode scanners
* Must have held a pivot-steer FLT license held for over 2 years