Cook required on a permanent basis for a residential home in Huddersfield.
This home provides support to adults with learning disabilities so you will be required to prepare and serve meals to the service users ensuring that the meals and snacks meet their dietary needs and requirements.
This is a weekend cook working 20 hours across the two days.
Duties & Tasks
- Food preparation
- Hygiene and health & safety
- Kitchen organisation
- Co-operate with service users and their families
- Effective communication
- Training and support
- Any other duties specified
Qualifications & Experience
- Although it is desirable to have a catering qualification, experience has shown that a care background is more appropriate with the confidence to cater and menu plan for up to 30 service users at one time.
- dietary needs or nutrition experience
- working on a rota system with some unsocial-able hours
- ability to present meals in a desirable way
- high standards of cleanliness and safety in a working kitchen
- experience within a care environment
- passion for food and helping others
You will become part of a dedicated and loyal team to a great company who has a low turnover of staff due to living up to their great reputation in Huddersfield as a charitable organisation.
If you are interested in becoming a cook within this residential home in Huddersfield then please apply now or call Ella Sandoval on 01274 393050 for more information.