Brook Street are working alongside a vibrant and highly regarded Southampton based Primary School who are looking to recruit a new Welfare Officer (Term Time)
The role of the Welfare Officer is to assist with the welfare needs of pupils by providing first-line care and support for those who are unwell and/or need medical care.
The successful candidate will work closely with the wider school work force and will provide a high-quality service of care to pupils and first aid care to all members of the school community.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the medical room
- Acting as the first point of contact for all pupil's medical needs
- Delivering first aid/emergency care for all students, staff and visitors
- Treating minor injuries/illness so that pupils can safely return to class
- Keeping all pupil health records up to date, maintaining accident/incident reports, organising first aid training for staff and updating associated records
As the ideal candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- professional and approachable attitude
- excellent organisational and administrative skills
- either Lead First Aid/medically trained or willing to learn and undertake relevant training as required
- Ongoing professional development opportunities relevant to the stage of your career and further opportunities for CPD and networking across the Education Trust
- A tax efficient childcare scheme through salary sacrifice
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
To express your interest in this role please apply now and one of our dedicated Consultants will be in touch.