I am recruiting for a Frontend WordPress Web Developer based in a beautiful Shropshire setting southeast of Telford (ability to drive a must). They are offering a negotiable salary circa £26,000 dependent on experience with fantastic career opportunities.
This is an exciting client facing Frontend WordPress Web Developer opportunity where you will be involved in various projects covering the entirety of the development lifecycle, from initial specification gathering through to completion/handover and support. You will be working specifically with WordPress and building attractive, engaging and user-friendly websites from scratch.
You will be joining a highly successful (multi-million pound turnover) family owned and run marketing agency who have not been around for years but for decades! They offer a number of different services to a large portfolio of clients within the UK and Internationally, 95% are B2B and they are very successful within the Logistics/Manufacturing sectors.
If you are looking to work for a large corporate marketing agency, this IS NOT for you, if you want to work hard and be rewarded for the high-quality work you and your team produce, READ ON!
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Meet with clients on a face to face basis to discuss their requirements
- Design, build and develop bespoke client websites predominantly using WordPress
- Work closely with your client externally, keeping in regular contact with your clients and discuss the progress of their website build and development
- Communicate effectively and professionally internally with the Digital, PR and Account Management teams
- Monitor website builds and ensure that the websites are delivering a positive ROI for our clients
- Responsive email development
- Manage existing websites on behalf of your client
WORDPRESS TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES REQUIRED
- Migrate - Can handle migration from another CMS system into WordPress, so that nothing`s ever lost
- Plug-in Development - Modify existing Plug-ins to make a site run powerfully and smoothly, or build customized Plug-ins for a feature-rich experience
- Custom Themes - Can build custom themes to help position a client as a unique and innovative business
- Custom WordPress design - Can create unique designs and then code it into a pixel perfect website
- Multisite - Can support WordPress multisite
- Premium Theme Builds - Extensive experience in customization of premium themes such as Divi or from ThemeForest
- Woo Commerce - Can handle product setup, payment gateways, shipping standards and other customizations to suit business needs
- Optimisation - Ability to make sites load faster by optimizing a clients WordPress installation and improving codes where needed
- Rescue and Hardening - Ability to recover sites from hacks and secure it, to prevent it from being inaccessible again
- DUE TO LOCATION, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE
- 2+ years frontend web development/design experience (Ideally within an agency environment)
- Client facing experience, comfortable in taking client specs and strategizing a plan for successful project completion
- A proven track record of managing multiple website builds simultaneously
- Solid understanding of responsive media queries
- Able to integrate plugins to deliver required client functionality
- Confident using Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch
- Ability to setup version control systems
- Basic understanding of Hosting and DNS Management.
- Experience with SASS
- Google Suite (predominantly Adwords, Analytics & Webmaster Tools)
- Highly organised, excellent strategist with exceptional communication skills with the ability to speak to all levels of staff and clients
- Able to work in a fast-paced agency delivering to tight deadlines and sometimes under pressure, both on your own and as part of a team
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Basic Salary of up to £30,000 + a quarterly bonus
- Fantastic career progression opportunities
- 28 holiday days including bank holidays, rises yearly up to 33 days
- Free car parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***