Works Control Manager
Up to £50,000 per annum, plus up to 20% on target bonus
Company Car or Allowance
Full-time, Permanent, office based with opportunities for working-remotely in future
Do you have at least 3 years experience as a 2nd line manager, leading and developing a team of managers within a service delivery environment?
Do you have good knowledge of reporting, including Power BI and Excel Power Query?
Do you have strong leadership and people management skills?
If so, my client is recruiting for a Work Control Manager to join as a vital part of their team.
Our client is growing at a rapid rate, growing from 90 employees to over 500 over the past few years. Due to increased demand, they are growing further and are looking to double in size.
Based in their busy Southampton office and reporting into the Senior OPSS Manager, the role holder will have full responsibility for the client facing element of the Support Services back-office structure and will be instrumental in setting direction and inspiring their team to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the best possible business and customer outcomes.
Also supporting the Senior OPPS manager, the role holder will also be instrumental in the identification, development, and implementation of initiatives to remove cost and improve the business margin position.
Key to our succession planning, this role offers great development opportunities as the successful candidate will be nurtured to assume a more senior role within the business.
About the job
Key responsibilities include:
- Management and leadership of the Support Services team, including recruitment, coaching, performance management, resource management, delegation and career development
- Management of the Support Services offshore function, ensuring that the offshore team monitor and react to workloads and engage the Streetworks, Pre-Enablement and Business & Civils teams to manage workload as required.
- Ownership and continual improvement of the Support Services processes and procedures, ensuring they are aligned to best practice, financial objectives, and SLAs.
- Maintain back office availability and service assurance through adherence to predefined processes.
- Manage and lead the analysis and resolution of escalations and problem investigations across the teams, working in partnership with Management Team to provide detailed reviews and RCAs as required.
- Ensure escalation capabilities are available at all times, to assist in the resolution of issues to SLA, managing communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage supplier escalation where appropriate based on relevant escalation matrices to resolve incidents as quickly as possible.
- Aid development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans. Maintain current knowledge of plan executables in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
We are looking for:
Our client need senior leaders who are passionate about people, thrive off a challenging but rewarding environment, and want to drive the best possible predictable on time delivery with the best customer experience for our customers and their customers.
Essential to this role is excellent people management skills and strong reporting ability, ideally with good experience with Excel, Power Query and Power BI.
You will display:
- A minimum of three years' experience as a 2nd line manager (or similar) leading, training and developing a team of managers within a service delivery environment.
- Strong financial awareness couple with customer satisfaction for both internal and external sources.
- Demonstrable record of performance leadership and coaching for performance
- Experience managing and configuring contract wide processes and procedures.
- Experience of reporting and works management systems such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dyanamics CRM, DepotNet, etc.
- Experience working with vendors, suppliers, and other 3rd party contracts to deliver service.
- Highly self-motivated with the capability to influence and deal with issues head on.
- Excellent customer focused approach and commitment to service delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, across many levels within an organisation.
- Logical and methodical approach to working with strong proactive and reactive problem-solving skills.
What's in it for you?
Basic salary is circa £50k per annum with a 20% on target bonus, and in addition to joining an innovative, well-established and growing company, you will receive:
- Personal and Business use car or car allowance (up to £500 per month)
- Pension scheme.
- 2x Salary Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health Cash Plan
- Discount Portal
- Free Parking and newly refurbished offices
- Full Company induction + Ongoing training & development
If you like the look of this Works Control Manager opportunity and have the necessary skills and experience, please apply today by clicking apply.
We are looking to interview and hire suitable candidates over the next week and look forward to receiving your application.