Brook Street (UK) Limited is working on behalf of our client located in County Antrim to recruit a Full Time Workshop Controller to join their expanding business.
The applicant hire will be responsible for the co-ordination and direction of a team of field engineers to maximise efficiency and productivity.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Interpret and diagnose reported technical issues and effectively allocate work to the team of field engineers, providing them with the necessary guidance to complete the job safely and efficiently
* Control, measure and report on first time fix rate of Engineers
* Check the quality of completed job card write ups, ensuring parts and labour are all accounted for
* Effectively liaise with Service Administration and Parts Departments to ensure smooth completion of jobs from start to finish
* Monitor, control and grow productivity, efficiency and utilisation of Engineer team
* Staff management for the Engineer team including motivating, encouraging and developing their performance through ongoing coaching, regular progress review and annual appraisals.
* Managing team performance against set targets and deliverable outcomes.
* Managing annual leave and overtime arrangements for the team to ensure adequate cover at all times.
* Responsible for managing and overseeing the development of apprentices and liaising with the college regarding their performance
* Proactively follow up on and address technical issues with customers in a timely fashion and forging long term customer relationships
* Address technical issues as and when required
* Building long term, cohesive working relationships with the wider company network
* Ensure that all operational Standard Operating Procedures (SOP`s) and company service processes, policies and guidelines are adhered to
* Review and report against set Key Performance Indicators (KPI`s) with Aftersales Manager and Managing Director on a regular basis
* Working alongside the Aftersales Manager to identify and develop future opportunities and strategies for growth and implementing processes to support these
* Identify, analyse and address Engineer training requirements in liaison with Aftersales Manager as required
* Responsible for maintaining the special tool inventory and recommendation of new equipment purchases as required - ensuring all engineers have the correct equipment in their vans
* Oversee management of PPE and consumables to Engineer team
* Ensure health and safety regulations and housekeeping procedures are adhered to in the workshop and outbuildings
* Maintaining personal appearance/presentation and working habits to reflect both the Company and brand image
* Other duties as commensurate with the position
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
* Strong, relevant technical experience of plant/construction machinery maintenance/repair is essential
* Strong, demonstrable experience of working in a technical service department is essential
* Possession of a valid appropriate level CSR card
* Full driving licence
* Completion of relevant training in plant machinery e.g. MEWPS, Telehandlers, Excavators
* Previous experience of having first line responsibility for managing a team of technical staff whilst also ensuring adherence to company processes and maintaining profitability for the company
* Possess the ability to motivate a team and positively drive performance improvement in line with KPI`s
* Previous experience of reporting on team performance against KPI`s, developing and implementing orocesses for growth
* Possess the ability to stay calm when managing a range of different situations and be able to confront problems whilst remaining resilient to setbacks
If interested please send CV via the link- full spec can be given after application