Job Title - Writer
Location - Reading
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Writer
This is a contract role based in Reading for 18 months.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: Up To £65,000 plus up to 5% end of contract bonus depending on experience
We`re looking for a creative writer to join us in the ongoing care and curating of one of our most innovative products.
The ideal candidate is exceptionally creative and is fond of technology. He or she is comfortable working with standard publishing tools like CMS and XML editors, and happy to learn about and adapt to new tools or processes.
They may have already written and published one or several novels, or, if not, some other content where they have personally committed in providing opinions or advice.
* Generate and adapt content in suitable for the market, using a Web interface CMS, and some direct XML editing.
* Audio output and input review and critique.
* Identify opportunities for content additions, improvements, and innovations and effectively pitch those ideas to the writer team and stakeholders. Then collaborate with them on it.
* Handle file management, validation, and publishing.
* Validate recorded answers created for the product for accuracy and quality, and ensure they are properly implemented in the product.
* Analyze user data through internal business intelligence tools, to identify new relevant content to create.
* Build an ongoing relationship with the relevant subsidiary stakeholders, with the aim of collaborating on impactful content, awareness, PR, promotion, and other opportunities.
* Promote our content to end-users using product-internal promotional channels, as well as the local subsidiary ones.
* Impeccable writing style, grammar and spelling. Special thoroughness is expected in making sure style, grammar and spelling are perfect.
* Background in creative writing or directing for entertainment purposes (playwriting/screenwriting, narrative design, exhibition/museum design, etc.)
* Ability to be a self-starter and working in a remote but highly collaborative global team, and also have the skills to question and interrogate assumptions.
* Experience writing dialogue
* Experience with voice audio
* Experience with using content management systems
* Basic understanding and using/editing of XML
* Interest in learning about new tools or work methods.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Motivation for teamwork and sharing ideas and experiences.
* Ability to talk or run presentations in front or external audiences or journalists.
Deadline for CV submission: Wednesday 19th August at 10am