Yard Assistant - £18,000
Brook Street are proud to be working with the UK`s Leading material provider. Our client are currently recruiting for a Yard Assistant to join the well run team in Christchurch. The Company have been open for over 175 years and have 13 branches in the south coast.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving Customers in the Yard, both Manually and with a Forklift
- Loading / Unloading Lorries
- Receiving and Storing Products from Suppliers and Dealing with Associated Paperwork
- Housekeeping in the Yard
- Counterbalance Forklift Licence (Essential)
- Combi Truck Forklift Licence (Preferable)
- Knowledge of Building Materials, Especially Timber would be an Advantage, but Training can be provided.
- Friendly & Professional Manner
- Good Communication Skills
- High Standards of Customer Service
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will need to be flexible and be able to work 40 hours per week, which will be comprised of 8 hour shifts between 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday, Plus Saturday Mornings on a rotational basis. Candidates must be flexible for start/ finish time to cover branch opening hours.
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive Salary of £18,000 per year. In addition you will receive 22 days holiday, + Bank Holidays. Other great benefits are also in the employment package.
Let`s get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a face to face interview if successful.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street`s website. For more information please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or apply to send your CV.