Hours: 37.5 per week
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm, with flexibility
Contract length: 4 months (with the possibility of extension)
Location: Monks Cross (York)
As a Process Assistant you will manage your own portfolio of cases and deal with overpayments for the Ministry of Justice via letters, email and phone calls. You will contact civil servants advising of their overpayment and initiate the repayment plan.
Every case is different and you will have a large amount of variety on day-to-day basis, distributing your time between research, administration and customer service. You will be a point of contact for any queries and will manage your own workload effectively with a high attention to detail.
You must be comfortable dealing with challenging or hostile phone conversations. Due to the nature of the phone call there may be frustration from your customers. You must be confident dealing confrontation.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of being able to deal with the management of casework, queries and policy issues, leading to the resolution of exceptions.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and follow detailed policy documents
- Excellent organisational skills, with attention to detail, accuracy and good problem solving skills
- Experience of dealing with difficult conversations
- Effective team player and work equally as well on their own
- Experience of providing a high-quality customer service, which creates confidence and trust
- Experience of working within a finance-based environment.
- MS Excel skills and experience of other MS products, such as Access
- Experience of Oracle
- Experience of working with teams across multiple sites
- Good negotiating/decision making skills
- Experience of staff debt and/or overpayments case management, some form of debt collection experience would be useful.
Please call Ollie or Arran on 01904 888800 or email if you wish to discuss the role in more detail.