Don't let a simple CV mistake stand between you and your dream job! Here are our CV mistakes to avoid:
chequecheck – Triple check and ask a friend or family member to take a look before you hit send.
- Use a professional email address – Set up a simple email address using your name.
- Keep the design nice and clean – Stick to a font you can read, keep the text size consistent, use bold and underlines to show headings and bullet points to break up chunks of text.
- No photos – a photo of yourself isn’t necessary for your CV, plus its best suited to places like LinkedIn.
- Avoid clichés – they mean very little without evidence. Instead, write about your achievements to give clear examples.
- Tailor your CV to each job – Mould and shape your CV to match the job you’re going for.