With just 6 seconds to impress, writing a clear and engaging CV is crucial for landing that interview. Here are our simple steps for writing your CV:
- Personal details - Make sure to include your name, address and contact details.
- Personal statement - Highlight your value to the employer and show your future ambitions.
- Work experience - Starting with your most recent employment, use the job titles, employer name and dates of employment as the title for each.
- Qualifications and education - Starting with your highest qualification first. Include where you studied, level of qualification and grade awarded.
- Hobbies and interests - Show skills which you have developed in your own time which will prove valuable in the role.
- References - No need to list these, just write ‘References available upon request’