Up to £10.42 per hour
about 1 month ago
Brook Street Ltd are pleased to announce a readily available position at the Southampton Magistrates Court as a Court Usher (Admin Assistant). The role is based on a full-time temporary contract, Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00, for 3-months. The pay rate is £10.42ph.
* Collecting and delivering files and bundles to the judiciary and clerks ensuring they have the necessary papers
* Providing support to colleagues & judiciary outside of court / hearing times
* General clerical work, including use of computers and Switchboard
* Filling out forms
* Operating recording equipment and maintaining records of recordings of hearings
* Sort and deliver lists of hearings for internal & external notice boards
* Completing standard forms, etc where the information is clearly defined.
* Straightforward drafting such as acknowledgements / receipting, confirmations, court orders, warrants etc.
* Opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post as required
* Collecting and delivering post from appropriate offices
* Ensuring Court rooms are supplied against requirements for relevant forms and stationery
* Collecting and delivering stationary around the offices
Data Entry and recording
* Resulting, checking accuracy and completeness against guidelines or a proforma, straightforward money handling e.g. issuing jury payments, spending petty cash under instruction.
* Office and court equipment e.g. computers, fax machines, scanners, photocopiers, switchboards, franking machines, messaging equipment, tape, and video recorders etc.
Handling telephone calls
* Answering standard enquiries and passing messages to others.
* Preparing rooms for hearings, tribunals, trials, meetings and clearing the court / hearing room down at the end of the day etc.
* Using electronic diaries
Reception of parties to court
* Including members of the public, judiciary, juries, solicitors and barristers, the police, representatives of external Agencies etc.
* Providing information related to proceedings, escorting court users into and from the building, swearing oaths etc.
* Calling people into court / hearing rooms in priority order, discussing with Court Clerks and Legal Advisers and liaising with the Witness Service as necessary
* Answering face to face enquiries
* Keeping parties informed of changes e.g. of courtrooms and hearing times
The post holder is required to work in a flexible way and undertake any other duties reasonably requested by line management which are commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post.
To apply please upload your CV.
*The offered candidate will have to apply for an enhanced DBS check (paid by us)